125 West Fountainbridge
Opened 1911 with 1800 seats; a conversion of a roller skating rink.
Part of a cine-ballroom complex also incorporating the Palais de Dance.
1942, now on bingo.
Mecca plan to vacate the site in 2005 and move to a modern building
The complex will be demolished under the current redevelopment
which will shortly be the subject of a public inquiry.
Photo courtesy of Harry Rigby