5 Queen Street
NB - not the same as the present Queen's Hall music venue in Clerk Street!
This very early cinema - originally a Synod Hall of 1848 - showed film shows from 1897, and continued until
It was later the Edinburgh HQ for BBC Scotland from around 1930. It is currently The Jam House music venue.
Photo courtesy of Harry Rigby