|The former Cinema House in
Nicholson St, Edinburgh has been demolished in 2004. This opened as the
British Electric Theatre in 1903. It was later renamed the Cinema
House, and in 1911 was attempting to compete in the cut-throat
Edinburgh cinema marked by offering free afternoon teas. It became The
Imperial for a time during the First World War, and seated around 500.
Became part of the Gaumont circuit in 1928, before closing in 1930. It
was later a Salvation Army citadel, but has been sitting derict for
several years. The long, low auditorium was in the back-court of
tenements, next to the Royal Surgeons Hall.