Back    Main Page

Edinburgh Festival Theatre
13 - 29 Nicholson Street

Site of the Empire Palace Music Hall from 1892-1928. Replaced in 1928.
Used for bingo for some time, before front- and rear- of house areas entirely rebuilt around restored auditorium in 1994.
Seats around 1900. Was the site of Edinburgh's first public cinematograph show. Listed Category B.

Official website at
A gallery of interior photos from September 2008 can be seen here.
Back    Main Page