Opened in April 1930 by the General Theatre Corporation / Gaumont. Architect was T. Bowhill Gibson. Original seating was for 2,187. Renamed in March 1950. Closed immediately after a fire, in May 1963. Demolished in 1966.
Exterior photo above courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive at the National Library of Scotland. Interior images courtesy of the Cinema Theatre Association Archive.
Images below courtesy of Frank Watson / Scottish Cinema Organ Trust