125 West Fountainbridge
Opened 1911 with 1800 seats; a conversion of a roller skating rink.
Part of a cine-ballroom complex also incorporating the Palais de Dance.
1942, now on bingo.
Mecca plan to vacate the site in 2005 and move to a modern building
The complex will be demolished under the current redevelopment
which will shortly be the subject of a public inquiry.
Photo courtesy of Harry Rigby
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.