Manse Road, Corstorphine
Opened 1st January 1930 by FR Graham-Yooll.
Designed by T. Bowhill Gibson to seat 1,228.
Featured a 2/4 (2 manuals, 4 ranks of pipes) organ built by Ingram
Later sold to Kingsway Ents. Closed 29 January 1974.
Demolished c.1976 and replaced by a supermarket.
Image above courtesy of Tony Moss Archive / Cinema Theatre
Association Archive; another exterior here.
Images above courtesy of Larry Mcguire, Scottish Theatre Organ Preservation
Demolition photos below from 1976 courtesy of Alistair Kerr.
Image below courtesy of Frank Watson / SCOT.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.