Edinburgh Festival Theatre
13 - 29 Nicholson Street
Site of the Empire Palace Music Hall from 1892-1928. Replaced in 1928.
Used for bingo for some time, before front- and rear- of house areas
entirely rebuilt around restored auditorium in 1994.
Seats around 1900. Was the site of Edinburgh's first public
cinematograph show. Listed Category B.
Official website at http://www.eft.co.uk/
|A gallery of interior photos from September 2008 can be seen here.|
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.