99, St Stephen's St.
Opened December 1920 in an old
skating rink / cine-variety theatre / horse repository. There was
seating for 1,633. It was sold to W Regent, then later sold on to
Green's. Closed in May 1960. Used as a restaurant in 1984. Demolished
after a fire, c.1993.
Photo courtesy of Paul Francis taken 1986.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.