Monseigneur News Cafe & Cinema
131 Princes Street
Opened as Princes Cinema, 1912, seating 500, also had tea room &
smoking room. Remodelled as Monseigneur News Theatre 1935.
Reconstructed as Jacey 1964. Closed 1973. Entrance was where Gap's
large glass window is now.
Image c.1930s below courtesy of the Scottish Screeen Archive at the National Library of Scotland.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.