Opened in 1886 as a
circus/variety theatre (called Cooke's Circus). Converted to a
cinema during silent era (1912). Closed August 1932. Reverted to
variety use. Later used as a disco. Demolished.
Photo courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive / CTA Archive taken 1971.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.