Pringles Picture Palace
41 Elm Row
Opened as a cinema in 1908. Renamed the Atmospheric in 1930, later also
called Pringle's Theatre, Millicent Ward's Studio Theatre, the Repetory
Theatre, the Festival Theatre, the Broadway and finally the Gateway.
Films last shown around 1965, the building was TV studios for a while, was the Gateway Theatre (again!) for a while.
Currently empty, plans have been lodged to demolish the theatre and put flats on the site.
Pictures below courtesy of the Gould Theatre Collection
Interior as the Atmospheric
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.