|Opened August 1927 by FR Graham-Yooll in the old Palace
Brewery. Architect was T. Bowhill Gibson, and original seating was for
1,700. Sold to GTC (Gaumont), March 1928. Closed May 1970.
Still derelict in 1984, but has since been demolished, and a garage is on the site.
Photo courtesy of www.mawgrim.co.uk
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.