Tudor Cinema Edinburgh
St Bernards Picture Palace / Savoy / Tudor
St. Bernard's Row
Opened April 1911 in an old shooting range, billiard hall, workshop etc.
Architect James McKissack. Soon St Bernard's Picture Palace. Savoy from
March 1921, at which point it seated 906. Tudor from 1960. Closed April
1966. Bingo from 1970. Demolished April 1982, for flats.
Photo above courtesy of Bruce Peter. Detail below courtesy of Alistair Kerr.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.