Back    Main Page

Pringles Picture Palace
41 Elm Row

Opened as a cinema in 1908. Renamed the Atmospheric in 1930, later also called Pringle's Theatre, Millicent Ward's Studio Theatre, the Repetory Theatre, the Festival Theatre, the Broadway and finally the Gateway.
Films last shown around 1965, the building was TV studios for a while, was the Gateway Theatre (again!) for a while.
Currently empty, plans have been lodged to demolish the theatre and put flats on the site.
Pictures below courtesy of the Gould Theatre Collection

Interior c.1927              

      Interior as the Atmospheric


Back    Main Page