392 - 430 Gorgie Road
Opened 1937, closed 1963. Category C(s)_listed
Used for bingo for some time, now mainly demolished, with facade
retained for shops and flats.
Some of the original foundations were re-used for the flats.
Construction images courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive at the National Library of Scotland and Genni Poole
Images above courtesy of Kenneth Duncan.
Photos of the cinema undergoing demolition in 1997 are also available here
courtesy of Norrie
The archive photo below shows the Roxy in all its illuminated glory in the late 1940s; courtesy of Genni Poole