Poole's Synod Hall Edinburgh
Poole's Synod Hall
|Opened in 1875 as theatre, by architects J Murray Bell and FT Pilkington. Used as the UP Synod Hall from 1877.
Poole's Diorama shows from around 1906. Converted to a full-time cinema from 1928.
Closed on 30th October 1965. Demolished, March-April, 1966.
Photos from October 1965 courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive at the National Library of Scotland and Genni Poole..
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.