|Opened in 1875 as theatre, by architects J Murray Bell and FT Pilkington. Used as the UP Synod Hall from 1877.
Poole's Diorama shows from around 1906. Converted to a full-time cinema from 1928.
Closed on 30th October 1965. Demolished, March-April, 1966.
Photos from October 1965 courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive at the National Library of Scotland and Genni Poole..