Back   Main Page

Spingburn Picture House / Astor
Wellfield Street  

Image above courtesy of Old Springburn
Opened c1920 by J. Graham. Architect was AV Gardner. Basically a tin shed seating 1,535. Sold to Glasgow & West of Scotland Cinemas, April 1945. Renamed, November 1947. Sold to CMA (Rank), April 1955. Closed 17.11.66. Destroyed by fire, 1968.

Back  Main Page