Back   Main Page

Gaiety Theatre
625, Argyle Street   

Image courtesy Cinema Theatre Association Archive - Tony Moss Collection.

Opened 19.12.09 in an old variety theatre by JJ Bennell. Seating was for 2,000. Sold to Anderston P&V Ltd, August 1928.
Renovated, April 1935. Arch. CJ McNair, when seating was for 1,403.
Used as Glasgow Concert Hall from January 1963.
Closed and later demolished in 1968.

Back  Main Page