Opened in 1935, to seat 2400. Full height fly tower and large stage. Bingo until 1995; since when it was derelict until demolition in 2001. The original facade was much taller, being reminiscent of a skyscraper. Metal cladding dates from bingo conversion.
Exterior pics courtesy Chris Doak:
The pictures below of the demolition work below show a little colour decoration remaining on the side of one interior wall.