Main Page

Kings Picture Theatre
59 James St, Bridgeton

Originally a drill hall, then a skating rink, the King's Picture Theatre opened as a cinema in 1910, and sat around 1400. The facade was rebuilt in 1936, and the cinema closed in 1959.

Now a furniture store and warehouse. A side picture of the exterior available here.

Archive photo courtesy Chris Doak

Interior images below, c.2008, courtesy of Sam Hayward & Murray Thomson.

Main Page