Photo c1975, courtesy of Chris Doak
Opened in 1932, to seat 2570. Designed by AV Gardner, like his Kelvin this was another atmospheric cinema
Closed for films from 1965, and bingo from then until 1995. A serious fire in late nineties completely gutted the foyer, damage to auditorium is unknown, but signs of forced entry and vandalism were worryingly obvious.
More pictures of the exterior available here.
An exterior image from 1975 when on bingo is available here.
(Photo copyright Gordon Adams of www.eastglasgowhistory.com)