Back Main Page
Exterior photo courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive.
Opened December 1912 by the Maryhill Star Palace Ltd. Designed by AV Gardner, seating was for 900. Comprehensively reconstructed & renamed in 1930, again to designs by Gardner. It could now seat 1,799. Closed in October 1966, and later used as a car showroom. It was finally demolished in 1978.
Interior picture below c.1930 courtesy of the Gould Theatre Collection