Back Main Page
in 1878 as the Star Music Hall, in the upper levels of a warehouse.
Renamed, 1881, 1885. Closed from 1884-92 due to a disaster where 14
people died (see newspaper extract). Renamed 1897 and reopened in
November 1907 by Ralph Pringle for cinema use, seating 1,200. Closed
July 1914. Leased by Frutin for cine-variety, 1914 - 1934. Variety only
from c.1918. Reverted to Queen's theatre name. Destroyed by fire, 1952.
Demolished in 1956.
Further details can be found on the Arthur Lloyd website here.