Opened in 1937 to seat 1,600. Renamed the County in 1971, it changed over to bingo from 1972.
In 2001, approval was given for demolition in order to build flats. The exterior shown above is much altered from its original state.
For an archive shot of the exterior in better days, see here (photo courtesy of John Cooper).
Another exterior picture here.