Back Main Page
Avenue / Victoria / Victory
950 Dumbarton Road
|Opened 1913, seating 700. Rebuilt, reopened 1930 as Victoria. Renamed Victory 1945
Closed 1964 & used as a warehouse; demolished early 1980s.
Photo above c1980 and demolition photos courtesy Chris Doak; photo below courtesy of Norrie Mcnamee / Ronnie Wark
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.