Picture House / Gaumont
Picture courtesy A. Smith.
Opened 1914 to seat 877. Sold with circuit, renamed Gaumont, 1950. Closed 1973.
Demolished for offices, but façade retained.
Archive photos below courtesy Jim Brooks and Derek Mathieson:
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.