Star Picture Palace
23, Park Street
|Opened in 1911 by Bert Gates in a former mission hall of 1903 (with stained-glass star above door).
Closed November 1939, after he bought the adjacent Casino and planned to join them into one.
Converted, late 1939 into indoor funfair, then dance hall. Demolished 1971.
Photo courtesy Jim Brooks.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.