Ayr Demolished Cinemas
This list includes all known cinemas in Ayr that are not already covered on the main part of the site, as they are known to have been demolished.
|Electric Pavilion / Green's Picturedrome||Boswell Park||o. 1910 in old skating rink. Arch James Campbell Reid. Renamed Green's Picturedrome, 2.22. Arch. J Fairweather. s. 2,000. Renamed Playhouse, 192?. Burnt down, 22.9.29.|
|Picture House / Gaumont||131, High Street||o. 13.10.21. Arch. Lennox & McMath. Taken over by Gaumont, 5.28. Enlarged, 12.28, s. 1800. Renamed Gaumont, 1.5.50. Cl. 8.6.68. Demolished for Littlewood's. 2 flats owned by Rank in the building. It had a 3 manual 15 rank theatre pipe organ built by Jardine of Manchester.|