Picture House / Gaumont
131, High Street
o. 13.10.21. Arch. Lennox & McMath. Taken over by Gaumont, 5.28.
Enlarged, 12.28, s. 1800. Renamed Gaumont, 1.5.50. Cl. 8.6.68.
Demolished for Littlewood's. 2 flats owned by Rank in the building. It
had a 3 manual 15 rank theatre pipe organ built by Jardine of
Image courtesy of the Cinema Theatre Association Archive (Tony Moss Collection)