Opened Sept. 1939. On bingo until 2006; currently empty.
Photo above c1993 courtesy Chris Doak; photo here courtesy Norrie Mcnamee.
Pictures below after closure courtesy of Emma Mykytyn.
Pavilion / George
Opened 1911 by George Urie Scott, on ground originally used a cooperage.
This replaced his earlier Barrhead Picture Playhouse, which had been converted from a roller skating rink.
The Pavilion was rebuilt 1935 by McNair & Elder.
Renamed George from 1969; closed 1977.
Later demolished in the mid 1980s.
Photo above c.1983 and playbill below courtesy of Ted Easdon.
Click on the 1939 playbill on the left to see a larger version.