Back Main Page
Electric Theatre (II)
Image courtesy of the Cinema Theatre Association Archive (Tony Moss Collection)
from 1910 - 1923, opened by Peter Feathers in a converted shop at 122
Nethergate. The Electric apparently had a tearoom and an orchestra! The
cinema which was subsequently aquired by the Pennycooks closed in 1923
after which the premises became a jeweller's shop.
Info courtesy of Alex Braid.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.