Back Main Page
Empire / New Empire
62-70 Rosebank St, Hilltown
Opened 1904 as a theatre seating 800, by architect J McKissack. Showing
films from 1908 at least. Sold to JJ Bennell for a cinema in February
1910. Sold at some point to United Cinemas. Reseated and renamed by
1922. Sold to Singleton's in 1927. Sold to Odeon in 1937. Closed,
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.