King's / Gaumont / Odeon
Opened as a cinema 1928, former King's Theatre of 1909. Renamed Gaumont
1950. Interior rebuilt.
Renamed Odeon 1973; closed 1982.
County Bingo for a time after closure, now a nightclub.
||Gallery of pictures of the interior when on bingo here, courtesy of Bruce Murray.
Photo of an opening plaque here by Harry Rigby.
||Archive postcard courtesy of Ronnie Ray.
Additional current exterior photos:
Current interior photos, courtesy of LesleyC:
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.