Vogue / Odeon
146, Strathmartine Road
|Opened August 1936 by Singleton's, and designed by architect James McKissack to seat 1,500.
Similar design to his Rutherglen Vogue of the same year.
Sold to Odeon, 3.37. Soon renamed. Closed c1972; demolished for a supermarket.
Exterior photos courtesy of www.mawgrim.co.uk
|Picture to the left of the booth, as shown in Ideal Kinema, March 1945|
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.