Back Main Page
Morgan Street Cinema / Stobswell / New Cinema / Ritz
Opened September 1910 by Feather & Co., designed by architect J. Sibbald to seat 900. Renamed Stobswell
within months. Known at some point as the New Cinema
. Sold to JB Milne, and later renamed Ritz
. Closed in the 1970s. Demolished around 1978.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.