West End / Shand's / Gray's
3 Well Road
Opened around 1912 in a purpose-built hall as the West End Kinema.
Archictect was Leslie Ower, and it originally sat 772. Bought by D.
Shand and renamed, c.1918. Sold to Gray's, c.1938; seating 900. Closed
around 1958. Garage till the 1980s with facade removed; now demolished.
Pictures below c.1985 courtesy of Paul Francis.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.