Opened 1936 by Green's. Archict John Fairweather. s.4,114. Sold to Mecca with other Green properties, mid-60s. Mecca Bingo from 1968. Very serious fire, 26.8.95 - only the advertising tower survived. Completely rebuilt for bingo, with the advertising tower refurbished and stripped of 1970 cladding. Category of listing changed from A to B, 3.98 - only the tower is listed.
Archive gallery courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive at the National Library of Scotland
Archive postcard views below courtesy of Ronnie Ray.