Back   Main Page

Morgan Street Cinema / Stobswell / New Cinema / Ritz
Morgan Street

Opened September 1910 by Feather & Co., designed by architect J. Sibbald to seat 900. Renamed Stobswell within months. Known at some point as the New Cinema. Sold to JB Milne, and later renamed Ritz. Closed in the 1970s. Demolished around 1978.

Photo below during demolition courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive.

Back  Main Page