Back   Main

Pavilion / Gaumont / Odeon
Newmarket Street

Opened August 1914 in a purpose-built hall, seating 950.
Sold to T Ormiston. Sold to Denman/Gaumont, March 1928.
Enlarged, 1933 to seat 1,337. Renamed Gaumont, 3.4.1950. Renamed Odeon, 16.12.62.
Closed 22.9.73. Demolished, for shops and offices, September 1973.

Pavilion (secondary entrance)

As the Gaumont

As the Odeon
Photos courtesy of