Building opened in 1843 as an Evangelical Union Church. When the
congregation moved to St Modan’s Church in 1915
the roof was remodelled and the
original stone walls used as the basis for a new brick structure as a cinema c.1920.
This was apparently the first Falkirk cinema
to show ‘The Jazz Singer’, in 1929.
Later enlarged to seat 1,100.
Used as Gala Bingo until recently, now a Wetherspoons bar.
An exterior shot of the auditorium can be found here,
and a shot of the building when on bingo is here.
Photos courtesy Norrie Mcnamee.
Image as a cinema below courtesy of 'dusashenka'