King's / Odeon
Ker Street / West Blackhall St

Opened July 1928 by Sydney Friedman in the Alexandra Theatre of 1905.
Original architects were Boston, Menzies and Morton.
Sold to Rank October 1955; renamed, rebuilt, as Odeon, January 1956.
Closed October 1969. Demolished for road straightening March 1973.
Photo courtesy of

Interior photo after the Rank rebuild courtesy of Bruce Peter.

Below is a 1920s postcard, showing the King's and the Theatre Royal / Hippodrome in the background.