Palace / Playhouse Cinema
Opened June 1932, with 586 seats. Improved and renamed Playhouse, 1938. Closed 1970.
Photo above courtesy of Alan Smith.
Photos below from an exhibition of recovered items from the building in May 2006; courtesy David Low.
Images of the demolition below courtesy of David Low:
Palace / De Luxe
Opened 1913; closed in 1932 when new Palace opened.
Photo courtesy David Simpson