Opened 1939. Some original interior features remain.
Purchased by the Friends of the Birks Cinema in 2009 thanks to Townscape Heritage Grant.
Plans are far advanced to re-open the building as a community cinema and cafe.
Full details, history and photographs are available at:
Photo above courtesy of Alan Smith.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.