Modern cinema in a former church.
Opened 1939 by Gaumont on site of La Scala. Arch. W.E. Trent, Gaumont
house architect. s. 1,000.
Renamed Odeon, 1964. Sold to Classic, renamed, 1967.
Sold to independent, renamed De Luxe with partweek bingo.
Cl. 7.71, except children's shows until 13.6.75. Now full time bingo.
This was the last Gaumont to be built pre-war, and the only purpose
built Gaumont in Scotland.
Photo courtesy of Graham Kelly.
Opened 1913 by Alloa Picture Palace Ltd., seating 966.
Largely cine-variety until sound era. Sold to Fife Entertainments, 1949.
Closed c1964. Demolished.
Photo courtesy Andy Simmonds
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.