55 Cross Arthurlie Street G78 1QU
Opened Sept. 1939. On bingo until 2006; currently empty.
Photo above c1993 courtesy Chris Doak; photo here courtesy Norrie Mcnamee.
Pictures below after closure courtesy of Emma Mykytyn.
Pavilion / George
Opened 1911 by George Urie Scott, on ground originally used a cooperage.
This replaced his earlier Barrhead Picture Playhouse, which had been converted from a roller skating rink.
The Pavilion was rebuilt 1935 by McNair & Elder.
Renamed George from 1969; closed 1977.
Later demolished in the mid 1980s.
Photo above c.1983 and playbill below courtesy of Ted Easdon.
||Click on the 1939 playbill on the left to see a larger version.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.