Photo courtesy of Graham Kelly
Opened October 1927 with 820 seats. Closed October 1985.
Picture of the rear of the cinema here.
Images below c.1982 courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive at the National Library of Scotland.
Olympia / Regal
Opened November 1915 with 563 seats in the 1859-United Presbyterian Church.
Closed 1931; reopened as the Regal in December 1931. Closed in January 1963; Demolished in the 1960s.
Photo above as the Regal in the 1930s courtesy of the Scottish Screen Archive / Lillian Heron.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.