Built in 1922 as community hall and used for film shows around the time of WW2,
and possibly up to advent of television.
The Picture House
Privately run 12 seater with elaborate 'auditorium' erected in dwelling house
and ran many free filmshows from around 1970-1980.
Photos and information courtesy of Andy Simmonds.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.