Scottish Cinemas and Theatres

Galashiels Cinemas

Back  Main Page

Galashiels Cinemas

Playhouse / Capitol / Kingsway / Pavilion
Market Street

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3


Images above courtesy of manager Andrew Poole
Opened around 1920 as the Playhouse. Renamed Capitol 1959.
Later Kingsway, then Pavilion. Quadrupled in 1995. Open as cinema.
4 screens: 300, 172, 147, 56
Photo here courtesy of Norrie Mcnamee.

Archive shot of the Playhouse courtesy Ian Miller, via Joe Skivington and Norrie Mcnamee

Archive shot as the Kingsway, courtesy of the Cinema Theatre Association Archive

Back  Main Page

Unless otherwise specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001 - 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally granted, but please ask first
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or trademarks. Please contact the editors in case of any queries.